We wrapped up the 2018 Trail Mix Series with the Raven Rocks Run at Ward Pound Ridge Reservation on Sunday, November 11, 2018.
Note – ALL runners who completed the 2018 Trail Mix Series by running at least four of the seven races in the series are eligible for automatic selection in the Leatherman’s Loop Lottery as long as they enter the Loop Lottery in January 2019. In 2018 there are 82 runners who qualify for the automatic selection in 2019. See links to Men’s and Women’s standings links above for listing of all runners eligible.
Lindsey Felling won the Women’s Trail Mix Series for 2018. Lindsey won her last two races to take over the lead. Congratulations Lindsey!
Louise Mullan finished a very close second overall — just 0.21 points behind Lindsey — and first in the F30 category.
Kelsey Crawford finished third overall and won the FJr category. Emily Bocklet took fourth overall. Britt Benn was fifth overall.
Deborah Young took the F40 category and sixth overall. Kathy Lynch won the F50 category. Michele Stefanov won the F60 category for the second year in a row.
Cathy Nottage was the only woman to run in all seven Trail Mix Series races this year — well done Cathy!
Aleksei Chernov won the 2018 Men’s Trail Mix Series. Aleksei won one of the four races in the series he ran in and came in very strong in the other three races. Congratulations Aleksei!
Matt Bedoukian came in second overall and won the M30 category. Jacob Benesch ran in all seven Trail Mix Series races and came in a very close third just 0.02 points behind Matt.
Guy Benn was 4th overall and first in the M40 age group. Bill Bradsell took fifth overall and the M50 category for the fourth year in a row.
John Walsh took the M60 category. Rob Fryer won the M70 category for the second year in a row.
Christopher Demuth III won the M13 & under category and was the youngest finisher (10 years old) of the Trail Mix Series for te second year in a row. Nice job Christopher!
Some final highlights:
- Charlie Vaccaro continued his unbroken Trail Mix streak, running in all twenty-seven Trail Mix races since the series began in 2014.
- Eric Foxhall has participated in 22 of the 27 Trail Mix races to date.
- Jacob Benesch ran in all seven Trail Mix 2018 races as did eight other men including Gabriel Brecher, Paul Woolley, David Vogel, John Goodrow, Christopher Demuth III, Chris Demuth Jr, Christopher Dean, and Charles Vaccaro.
- Cathy Nottage was the only woman to run all seven in the 2018 series.
- 82 Runners – 60 men and 22 women – finished the 2018 Trail Mix Series.
- 2,712 different runners (969 women and 1,743 men) competed in at least one race in the 2018 Trail Mix Series.
- Congratulations everyone on a series well run – and enjoy that well earned automatic selection in the Loop Lottery as you enter it in January 2019!
Sign up for Trail Mix Series email updates during the year. Don’t miss race dates or signup deadlines!
Below is the Complete List of Runners who completed the 2018 Trail Mix Series. These runners are eligible for automatic selection in the Leatherman’s Loop 2019 Lottery — if they enter the Lottery!
Note: if you are missing from the list below and you ran in at least 4 of the 7 trail mix races in 2018, please Contact Us so we can verify and update it.)